ADHD management tips, anxiety & stress relief ideas, relationship stuff, & personal development tips without the stress of waiting in a therapist’s lobby….very easy….no commitment! Join our life-changing Content Hub.
About Dr. LeMay
My name is Ruxandra LeMay
I am a mom, wife, psychologist, businesswoman, and entrepreneur. And I am so excited to get to know you and share my knowledge, experience, and training to help you…wherever you are on your journey!
I was raised with a strong focus on financial security so I naturally started out my career in business management and finance. My upbringing and education truly developed the Left side of my brain, and I was excelling in planning, organizing, and following directions. I was skilled at
But as I was growing up, maturing, and diving into grown-up things like work and relationships, I realized something was missing in my life. To be totally honest, I was kind of miserable and I had lots of anxiety, over lots of things. I was young, not married (although in a relationship with my now husband), and did not have any kids. I had poor self-awareness. I could not explain my feelings, my anger, my fears, my interactions with other people, my quick jump to judgment, my biases, my strong opinions, my constant drive for more, nor my overwhelming nagging thought of “not being good enough.”
I tried my first therapy session. I thought it was stupid and I hated it because the counselor told me “I shouldn’t feel anxiety because it’s irrational.” Duh! I already knew that! Her invalidation reminded me of my early experiences when everyone in my family would tell me not to feel mad or sad or any other negative feeling they couldn’t handle and just to get over it! But the good thing that came out of that one and the only session was my homework assignment, reading an anxiety workbook. Things started to make sense and I was completely hooked. I was hungry for more. I decided to go back to school and pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology.
That was 12 years ago. This journey has not been an easy one, but it is totally worth it. This transformation positively affected so many areas of my life.
- I became self-aware of my feelings, thoughts, and behaviors and how they affect not only my own well-being but also the ones around me.
- I improved the relationship with myself because I understand the parts I like and don’t like about myself and I have the knowledge and the power to change what I don’t like.
- I gave myself a chance to have a healthy relationship with my spouse; it’s not a smooth ride, but it’s a successful work-in-progress.
- I became a mother, whose first goal in life is to have a good relationship with her kids while teaching them to be kind, hardworking, and independent.
- Finally, I decided to take what I have learned and teach and support others reach their personal goal through therapy and coaching. I specialize in areas that I have personally experienced either through my own experiences or my family’s: relationship difficulties, anxiety & stress management, ADHD, and executive leadership (yeah, this last one is the odd ball out, but I couldn’t ignore 18 years of corporate experience).
5 Fun Facts About Me
- I spend my non-working time listening to my kids talk about Pokemon, Mario, and Harry Potter and pretend I understand what they are talking about.
- I don’t know how to ride a bike and despite my husband’s guilt trip, I have no interest in learning how to.
- My only addiction is Pepsi; I’ve tried to quit it many times and relapsed many times.
- I love classic detective shows like Columbo and Murder She Wrote.
- If I don’t get enough sleep, I am pretty much impossible to tolerate (which is why I start all my intake interviews with lots of questions about the quality of sleep)
In The Media
Ruxandra’s other contributions to the World Wide Web:
- Interview on NDB blog on balancing career changes, parenting, family life
- Interview on Bohemian Nation blog on managing stress and anxiety
- Psych Reg Podcast interview on sex, marriage, and the 2-minute solution
- The Girls Hour Podcast on communication on money, sex, and just marriage in general
Relationship-related guest posts for women on Soul Fulfilling Love blog:
- How to deal when he comes on too fast
- He doesn’t want a relationship but won’t let me go
- Signs he is emotionally unavailable