I am a mom, a psychologist, a corporate manager and an entrepreneur. I wear many hats and I am passionate about all of them. I am excited to get to know you and share my knowledge, experience, and training to help you…wherever you are on your journey!
But first, a little bit about my crazy journey….
I was raised with a strong focus on financial security so I naturally started out my career in business management and finance. My upbringing and education truly developed the Left side of my brain, and I was excelling in planning, organizing, and following directions. I was skilled at science-y stuff, sequencing ideas, reading non-fiction books, and living life in a very linear, logical sequence.
But as I was growing up, maturing, and diving into grown-up things like work and relationships, I realized something was missing in my life. To be totally honest, I was kind of miserable and I had lots of anxiety, over lots of things. I was young, not married, and did not have any kids. I had poor self-awareness. I could not explain my feelings, anger, fears, my interactions with other people, my quick jump to judgment, biases, strong opinions, my constant drive for more, nor my overwhelming nagging thought of “not being good enough.”
I tried my first therapy session. I thought it was stupid and I hated it because the counselor told me “I shouldn’t feel anxiety because it’s irrational.” Duh! I already knew that! Her invalidation reminded me of my early experiences when everyone in my family would tell me not to feel mad or sad or any other negative feeling they couldn’t handle and just to get over it! But the good thing that came out of that one and only session was my homework assignment, reading an anxiety workbook. Things started to make sense and I was completely hooked. I was hungry for more. I decided to go back to school and pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology.
That was 15 years ago. This journey has not been an easy one, but it has made a huge difference in many areas of my life.
- I became self-aware of my feelings, thoughts, and behaviors and how they affect not only my own well-being, but also the ones around me.
- I improved the relationship with myself because I understand the parts I like and don’t like and I have the knowledge, the power, and the strength to change what I don’t like.
- I became a mother, whose first goal in life is to have a good relationship with her kids, while teaching them to be kind, hardworking, and independent.
- Finally, I decided to take what I have learned and teach and support others reach their personal goal through therapy and consulting. I specialize in areas that I have personally experienced either through my own experiences or my family’s: relationship difficulties, anxiety & stress, parenting, self-esteem, ADHD, and executive leadership (yeah, this last one is the odd ball out, but I couldn’t ignore 20 years of corporate experience).
I look forward to meeting you, learning about your challenges and your strengths and share my knowledge, experience, and training to help you achieve your goals.
5 Fun Facts About Me
- I spend my non-working time listening to my kids talk about Pokemon, Minecraft, Smash Bros, and Harry Potter and pretend I understand what they are talking about (I actually do like Harry Potter, and according to my kids I do display “know-it-all” Hermione traits)
- I do enjoy watching workout videos and after all this time, I’m still disappointed that watching does not translate into muscles, so occasionally I do get off the couch and actually workout.
- My only addiction is Pepsi; I’ve tried to quit it many times and relapsed many times.
- I love classic detective shows like Columbo and Murder She Wrote.
- If I don’t get enough sleep, I am pretty much impossible to tolerate (which is why I start all my intake interviews with lots of questions about the quality of sleep)