Feeling Overwhelmed? Blame Your Working Memory
Welcome to our Monday series for Turbo ADHD brains (watch the movie, you’ll get the reference, but the short explanation is: slow as a snail when not important to you, and superspeed when you are interested). Coffee is what gets most of us going on a Monday morning, but it’s really the super juice for ADHD brains. SO, coffee and quick tips to learn more about the ADHD brain and how to make it work in your favor.
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” Awesome quote by Mark Twain. Great reminder for all of us, but even more so for ADHD brains. Because getting started is often really hard when the working memory troubles make getting started so complicated. Wait, what?
- A super important executive function of the brain
- It’s been called “the brain’s GPS system”
- It’s been associated with ADHD and old age
- It organizes info and changes the plan of action in real time
- Essential for self-regulation “What should I do now?”
- Essential for planning and goal setting “When should I do it?”
- Essential for problem-solving “How should I do it?”